Pod turnom 4, Tivoli Park, 1000 Ljubljana
by bus: 14 (“Pod Rožnikom” stop); 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 25 (“Tivoli” stop); 1, 2, 6, 9, 11, 14, 18, 19, 27 (“Konzorcij” stop – city centre)
by car: Tivoli car park
on foot: 10-minute walk from the city centre, Hala Tivoli or Rožna dolina
In 1835, the Ljubljana Kazina Association opened a place of amusement with a guest house for its members on the hillock above Grad Tivoli. When the Austrian Marshal Josef Radetzky resided in the mansion, he had a Swiss-style house built next to the guest house, the so-called Schweizerhaus – Švicarija. In 1908, the guest house was demolished, and in its place, according to the plans of the architect Ciril Metod Koch, Tivoli Hotel was built, which became a popular excursion point and was known as a meeting place for the citizens, artists and bohemians of Ljubljana. Before the Second World War, the sculptor Ivan Zajec set up his studio in one of the rooms of the former hotel. After the end of the war, many prominent Slovenian sculptors followed suit, and Švicarija became the cradle of post-war Slovenian sculpture. Today, MGLC Švicarija, which has operated under the auspices of the International Centre of Graphic Arts since 2017, continues to bring together many local and international artists with its numerous residential and working studios and a diverse public programme, becoming a new cultural, educational and social centre of Ljubljana.